HVK Children’s Foundation is an emerging nonprofit founded in 2016 and is registered in Massachusetts. We are based in Worcester, Massachusetts and West Africa, Liberia. We aim to break barriers to socioeconomic and social determinant factors that pose as a harm to human development through The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and the Coordinated School Health Program. Thus, we work in the fields of education, public health, and social work providing evidence-based services that includes the monitoring and evaluation of programs targeted to reach low-income women, children and families. We have three implemented programs to date and currently reaching children and teachers at six schools we are partnered with.
We are looking for one qualified writer and editor to spearhead our newsletter and blog content. Our goal is to provide up-to-date, creative, informative and engaging content that would bring people to the website.
- Prepare, create, and send out bimonthly newsletter, and tailor content to targeted audiences’ preferences
- Create ideas for monthly blog tailored to targeted audiences’ preferences regarding the Millennium and Sustainable Development Goals that our programs target, and generate headline ideas in alignment to current events
- Review and offer comments to improve website and social media content
- Attend virtual staff meetings and work closely with Social Media Advocate
- Proven working experience as a writer and or, editor
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio
- Hands on experience with MS Office, Mailchimp, Photoshop or other graphic tools
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking
- Prioritizing and multitasking
- Excellent written skills in English
Education: Obtaining BS in English, Creative Writing or any related fields
Apply by: December 15th, 2018 and until position is filled
Start Date: 01/2019
Required Hours: 8-10 hours weekly and based on requirement