HVK Children’s Foundation is an emerging nonprofit founded in 2016 and is registered in Massachusetts. We are based in Worcester, Massachusetts and West Africa, Liberia. We aim to break barriers to socioeconomic and social determinant factors that pose as a harm to human development through The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and the Coordinated School Health Program. Thus, we work in the fields of education, public health, and social work providing evidence-based services that includes the monitoring and evaluation of programs targeted to reach low-income women, children and families. We have three implemented programs to date and currently reaching children and teachers at six schools we are partnered with.
We are looking for one qualified individual to be in charge of our BOOKKEEPING. This individual will be needed to handle Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. He/she will perform HR duties such as Payroll and working with our Liberia team to help them understand our employee rights and guidelines. He/she will also work with team in Liberia to collect and process time sheets, and will learn to understand income related policies governing the country. Accounting background and Bookkeeping skills are preferred.
It will be a plus if the individual has a working knowledge of non-profit regulations and would like to learn more.
- Research affordable bookkeeping tools
- Collect and process time sheets from team in Liberia
- Summarize details in separate ledgers
- Transfer data to general ledger
- Reconciling and balancing accounts
- Maintaining/certifying payroll
- Tracking donations coming through website or other places
Who Should Volunteer:
- Individual with Accounting and Finance background
- Individual with bookkeeping background, or QuickBooks and with experience in Payroll
- Individual with bookkeeping certificate and with 2 or more years of experience
- Individual who is retired but looking to use their expert knowledge to assist our organization
- Individual with skills using QuickBooks, MS Excel and MS Office
- Individual with all the above (including retired or not)
Apply by: December 15th, 2018 and until position is filled
Start Date: 01/2019
Required Hours: 8-10 hours weekly and based on requirement