HVK Children’s Foundation is an emerging nonprofit founded in 2016 and is registered in Massachusetts. We are based in Worcester, Massachusetts and West Africa, Liberia. We aim to break barriers to socioeconomic and social determinant factors that pose as a harm to human development through The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and the Coordinated School Health Program. Thus, we work in the fields of education, public health, and social work providing evidence-based services that includes the monitoring and evaluation of programs targeted to reach low-income women, children and families.
Currently, we provide school-based health and education programs at the school level. We have three programs to date, WASH in Schools, Project Reach, and Sexuality Education Risk & Violence (SERV) program. But this position is hiring for the education component to work with partner schools.
Project REACH: This July 25th, 2018, we launched Project REACH which impacted the Zoe Louise Preparatory and Twins Academy. Project REACH launch is planned for Bright Future Academy, Jacobs Town YMCA school, GSA Road YMCA school, and Diamond Creek Community School, our partner schools in Liberia. To date Project REACH has donated 34 tablet laptops and trained 20 teachers. The aims of Project REACH is to: (1) work with schools to open a computer library (2) supply lesson plans for the school to teach ICT and the GSAP Portal, (3) train teachers in our Train-the-Trainer program and lastly, monitor the progress of Project REACH for possible upscale.
21st Century Success: This is a two years program at the primary level starting with grade 5th students. It aims to teach important skills necessary for the real world. We plan to continue this program with the same cohort of students as we take in new students every year until they graduate from high school. This program will be designed with support from our team in the USA and teachers at partner schools.
Part I: 30%
- Field and office based: Traveling is required to be effective for this position
- Develop and manage two programs including prioritizing project deadlines, training teachers and volunteers
- Liaise with partner schools in Liberia to ensure the implementation and proper execution of both education programs
- On-going: Hire and train volunteers for both programs as necessary and deploy them to work with the schools we are partnered with
- Track program life cycle; ensure that all problems are addressed, escalated when needed, and resolved quickly.
- Seek avenues for expansion with organizations or potential donors
- Maintain a tracking methods and order list for ideal materials needed for programs
- Serve as a technical leader for the organization as well as for schools in our network
Part II: 40%
- Manage teacher training program
- Provide pivotal support in the design, optimization, and creation of 21st Century Success curricula and lesson plans
- Design instructional objectives using PowerPoint for training purposes
- Design audio with instructional objectives with presentation (PowerPoint or other) for continuing education of teachers in the program
- Develop the curricula starting with grade 5th students
- Recommend teaching techniques that our schools can deploy
- Liaise with curriculum team in the USA
- Carry on basic monitoring assessments
- Write program reports
- Maintain a weekly open communication with HVK staff in the USA
- Ongoing staff training is high required
- Training Provided
We are looking for one full-time and one part-time to help us reach our goals. The individual must reside in Liberia and must have access to local transportation.
Note: that this is a paid position and the qualified individual may be entitled to other benefits.