HVK Children’s Foundation is an emerging nonprofit founded in 2016 and is registered in Massachusetts. We are based in Worcester, Massachusetts and West Africa, Liberia. We aim to break barriers to socioeconomic and social determinant factors that pose as a harm to human development through The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and the Coordinated School Health Program. Thus, we work in the fields of education, public health, and social work providing evidence-based services that includes the monitoring and evaluation of programs targeted to reach low-income women, children and families. We have three implemented programs to date and currently reaching children and teachers at six schools we are partnered with.
We are looking for max. of three qualified persons to be in charge of researching evidence-based assessments instruments to measure literacy and STEM skills for 5th and 6th graders.
- Conduct research on assessment instruments for 5th-6th grade students in elementary school to support our education programs
- Document and create a table in excel to track the psychometric properties of all the tools
- Maintains list of articles and reference page
Skills/ Knowledge Requirement:
- Qualitative research skills
- Searching skills: Google scholar, PubMed, Medline, ERIC or Web of Science
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organizational and time management skills; ability to be flexible and solve problems
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office 2003, 2007 & 2010; Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Social Science, Public Health, Global Studies, International Relation or Education, English/Writing or in any related research field.
Apply by: December 15th, 2018 and until position is filled
Start Date: 01/2019
Required Hours: 8-10 hours weekly and based on requirements