HVK Children’s Foundation is an emerging nonprofit founded in 2016 and is registered in Massachusetts. We are based in Worcester, Massachusetts and West Africa, Liberia. We aim to break barriers to socioeconomic and social determinant factors that pose as a harm to human development through The Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child Model and the Coordinated School Health Program. Thus, we work in the fields of education, public health, and social work providing evidence-based services that includes the monitoring and evaluation of programs targeted to reach low-income women, children and families. We have three implemented programs to date and currently reaching children and teachers at six schools we are partnered with.
We currently have a team of three individuals. We are looking for a max. of five qualified persons to be in charge of researching, writing, and obtaining grants for our organization. The position requires a flexible time commitment, and the work can be done virtually.
- Conduct research for new grant opportunities
- Maintains excel list of all grant opportunities and create a calendar for posting
- Write grant proposals and submit them timely
- Submit proposals for entrepreneurial grants
- Coordinate with team to share inputs
- Weekly/ monthly check-ins
Skills/ Knowledge Requirement:
- Has grant writing skills or have taken classes in grant writing
- Effective organizing skills
- Proficiency in written communication
- Interpersonal skills
- Proficient at using search engines such as Google etc.
Has taken a course in grant writing; has a bachelor’s degree or is working towards a bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English or in other related fields.
Apply by: December 15th, 2018 and until position is filled
Start Date: 01/2019
Required Hours: 10-20 hours weekly and based on requirement